Saturday, October 3, 2009

That's were I grew up

The sense of clarity that being there offers. In the best moments of my reflections, my memories of my childhood help me see. I used to sit on the close line in my back yard as a child and dream or just be. A lot of my pain was pondered there. I can still remember climbing the pear tree, simple moments and gifts are my happiness. I haven't been home in 3 years.

These past 3 years have been probably the most important years of my life. When I left, there was still the residue of the pains I was holding, the confusion. It's my safe haven, part of me. I want to be there now that I've healed, am healing, now that I am a young woman. That place is sacred, part of me. It's where I discovered myself and God, the sacredness of life.

I grew up there

No comments:

Post a Comment