Monday, November 16, 2009

The Picture Show


On an unplanned trip to BestBuy yesterday with my sister I bought Capote (for like 4 bucks which makes sense to my wallet, but no sense in price for quality's sake). It is one of the best movies that I've seen in a long time. I think the word riveting is cliche and something you hear in movie reviews, but this movie was riveting. Enthralling. I haven't yet read In Cold Blood, but I have to now that I've seen this.







After that I watched Chaplin with Robert Downey Jr. for the first time. It came out in '92 when I was 4. Learning about Chaplin was like osmosis. It's like he's somewhere in the collective unconscious where ever pop culture resides. I also remember Sesame Street having one of their actors do a Chaplin bit that was great. Anyway, Robert Downey Jr. gave a really good performance. He really took on the slapstick/vaudeville physical humor. Really loved it.


Chaplin's a hero

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment