Monday, January 18, 2010

Ars Gratia Arits- Art for Art's Sake



This is how I began my day. Watching a movie is part of my every day. I have this amazing book that chronicles the beginning of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM) till like 1974, and He Who Gets Slapped (1924) is said to be the studios first ever film to be released.
Silent film is so magical in the sense of the power of early imagination, there's such a freshness about it. The innocence of early creation and experimentation with film. Even the music... The pantomime is such an art; body language is so powerful, expressive, beautiful. Lon Chaney is still exciting to watch. Pure magic, pure imagination. The early ages of the motion picture are a gift.

Ars Gratia Artis- Art for Art's Sake


I want to join the circus xx :)

No comments:

Post a Comment